Advances in Transportation Studies (ATS) is a four-monthly refereed journal (ISSN: 1824-5463) that includes original full length papers, review articles, case studies on the most recent outcomes of advanced research in the field of Road and Highway Engineering, with a particular emphasis on the safety, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of transport modes. Moreover, special issues are published too, at least two per years.
Abstracting and Indexing: ATS is indexed in Elsevier Scopus, EBSCO, TRID, Compendex database.
General topics within the journal's scope are:
- advanced and emerging vehicle and road network technologies;
- driver behavior;
- impact of human, environmental and vehicular factors on the design, operations and safety;
- road infrastructure;
- design standards and regulations;
- geometry and construction of facilities;
- implementation and evaluation of countermeasures;
- management for safety improvement;
- modelling and statistical analysis of accident data;
- policy, planning and decision-making in safety;
- impact of transportation on the environment;
- traffic control and traffic operations.
ATS's focus makes the journal an essential reading for Transportation Scholars and Researchers, Transportation Facilities Engineers, Planners and Modellers. Moreover, special issues on particular topics, such as policy analysis, formulation and evaluation, interaction with the political and socio-economic environment, management and evaluation of transportation systems are published from time to time, on average three special issues per year, in order to provide Administrators and Policy Analysts with a wide range of information.
All submitted manuscripts are subject to initial screening by the Editor and Associate Editors.
If the submission is found suitable for consideration, then it will be subjected to peer review by independent, anonymous expert referees.
The peer review is single blind (the identity of the reviewer is anonymous but the authors' name(s) and affiliation(s) will be on the paper).
Publisher: Gioacchino Onorati editore S.r.l. unip. Address: via Vittorio Veneto, 20, Canterano, 00020, Rome, Italy